Road to Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics Starts Here
Situated between two Olympic venues, Cypress Mountain and the Pacific Coliseum, the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver is uniquely poised to accommodate teams, staff, media and visitors to Vancouver as the countdown continues to the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games.
Cypress Mountain, which will serve as the competition venue for freestyle skiing and snowboarding, is less than 15 minutes away by car. The Pacific Coliseum or PNE, where Olympic figure skating and short track speed skating events will be held, is a five-minute drive from the hotel, which makes the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver your only choice for clean, convenient and comfortable accommodation.
“We’re excited that we have this opportunity to provide first-rate accommodation to visitors to Vancouver, particularly now that we’re getting closer to 2010,” says Charmaine Alam, General Manager of the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver.
“There’s an old saying that Vancouver is probably the only city where you can golf, ski and kayak on the same day. We’re here to build on that idea, to help pre-Olympic visitors acclimatize to this amazing city, by offering professional and friendly accommodation at an unbeatable location and with great access to Cypress Mountain and the Pacific Coliseum. We think that will appeal to Olympic visitors.”
Holiday Inn North Vancouver near Cypress Mountain
This is where the family or the businessperson can go year round for fun; the slopes are rated by experience and cross-country skiing. This is one of the most popular places for the skier and it is also where the Official Freestyle Skiing and Snowboard Events for the 2010 Winter Olympic games will be held.
There are ski runs like the Gladed Run that takes the skier through the forest and ends with a picturesque view of Vancouver. Other slopes like the Lower Mainland and Mount Baker, Benny’s, Black Fly, Metero, Coyote7, and there are also trails for snow-shoeing. Snowshoeing is the perfect way to see all the beauty that Cyprus Mountain has to offer the visitor to Vancouver.
There are also single and multi day lessons available at Cyprus Mountain and equipment rentals. It is possible at Cyprus Mountain to rent skis, snowboard sets, helmets, jackets and pants for the visitor that has flown to Vancouver making it difficult to bring their own equipment or the visitor new to snow sports.
When it is time to take a break from the snow or time to relax there is the Crazy Raven Bar and Grill at the base of Cyprus Mountain. There is also Seymour’s Pub located at the Holiday Inn North Vancouver, here not only is it relaxing but one of the hottest night spots in Vancouver. The pub has a solarium, heated patio, a fireplace and a menu to please all of their visitors. Seymour’s Pub also has a pool table, 60 inch satellite TV, live entertainment in the evenings with dancing in an informal atmosphere.
There is no better way of getting rid of aches and pains from the outdoor snow fun is the Paradise Spa and Wellness Center, with massage therapy and complete pampering that will bring total relaxation to any visitor at the Holiday Inn North Vancouver. Along with massage therapy a manicure or pedicure can help keep the nails and skin protected from the cold winter weather.
Of course, what good are an unbeatable location, facilities and high service praise without food? The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver caters your palate with The Pantry Restaurant, Churchill’s Lounge and Seymour’s Pub, all within the hotel. Room service is also available for your convenience.
All of these combined make the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver the perfect choice to meet your accommodation needs, if you plan to visit Cypress Mountain now and throughout the countdown to the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games.
Cypress Mountain, which will serve as the competition venue for freestyle skiing and snowboarding,
is less than 15 minutes away.
- Vancouver Aquarium
- Science World Vancouver
- Stanley Park Vancouver
- Gastown Vancouver
- The Vancouver Art Gallery
- Granville Island Vancouver
- Canada Place Vancouver
- English Bay Vancouver
- Yaletown Vancouver
- Capilano Suspension Bridge
- Bloedel Floral Conservatory
- Dr. Sun Classical Chinese Garden
- Harrison Hot Springs
- Old Hastings Mill House Museum
- Hill Native Art Gallery Vancouver
- The Lookout At Vancouver
- Museum of Anthropology
- Vancouver Playland
- Cleveland Dam North Vancouver
- Maplewood Farm North Vancouver
- North Vancouver Museum
- The Royal Hudson Steam Train
- China Town Vancouver
- Britannia Heritage Shipyards
- Hastings Race Course Vancouver
- VanDusen Botanical Gardens
- Museum of Flight & Transportation
- Community Events
- BC Bike Race
- Van Dusen Flower Garden Show
- National Franchise & Business Opportunities Show
- Outdoor Adventure Sports Show and Vancouver Golf & Travel Show
- Pacific International Auto Show
- Annual Adidas Vancouver International Marathon
- All British Meet of Classic Cars
- Tour de Delta - Vancouver
- Abbotsford International Airshow
- BC Home and Garden Show
- Annual Fraser Valley Boat and Sportsmen's Show
- Vancouver Sun Run
- Cloverdale Rodeo and Exhibition
- Hyack Festival
- Best of the West Antique Expo
- A Taste of BC
- Vancouver Health Show
- Artists For Conservation Festival
- Bard on the Beach Festival
- Canada Day at Canada Place
- Caribbean Days Festival
- Celebration of Light
- DOXA Documentary Film Festival
- Greek Days Festival
- Festival Vancouver
- Vancouver International Film Festival
- Vancouver International Comedy Festival
- Vancouver International Jazz Festival
- Vancouver International Dance Festival
- Vancouver International Children's Festival
- The Vancouver International Writers & Readers Festival
- Vancouver Gay Pride Festival
- Vancouver Fringe Festival
- Vancouver Folk Music Festival
- Vancouver Dragon Boat Festival
- Vancouver Dragon Boat Festival
- Vancouver Chamber Music Festival
- Annual Vancouver International Mountain Film festival
- Dancing on the Edge Festival